Nearly every VC-backed startup intends to be "product-driven". But when pressed to explain what that means and what differentiates the day-to-day operations of product-driven companies, founders are often at a loss for words.
As a startup advisor, we show companies the path to becoming truly product-driven.
We provide guidance and coaching and also roll up the sleeves helping companies:
- Set a vision based on the most pressing customer needs, market trends and competitive landscape
- Define a strategy for realizing their vision
- Hire product management rockstars
- Organize their product teams
- Leverage Agile concepts to optimize their product development processes and ensure customer value is delivered as often as possible
- Incorporate behavioral science techniques into their user experience design
Advisory engagements can be structured many ways, but the most common is a monthly retainer for 5 hours a month (1-hour weekly calls plus another hour for ad-hoc discussions or feedback on documents, designs, and roadmaps via email). In working with clients, we're always looking for the highest-leverage way to use our time to help the company succeed. We're also not shy - we'll challenge assumptions, ask hard questions and share best practices and templates to help you determine the right moves for your product